In recent times, coconut oil has become the holy grail of ‘multi-purpose’ beauty products. Celebrities everywhere are crediting it for their good looks and I’m a sucker for a celebrity secret. So a few weeks ago, I popped to my local Cara Pharmacy and picked up Ultrapure Labratories’s ‘100% Pure Coconut Oil’ (approx €5).
Now, there’s nothing fancy about this packaging – it’s clean and simple, like the ingredients. Fragrance free, it should be suitable for all skin types. This is how I’ve been using it:
1) Coconut oil is a nifty eye make-up remover. Just place on a cotton bud and sweep across hard-to-remove eyeliners and mascara.
2) This product is a great chemical free hair mask. Just rub throughout the ends of hair (avoiding the roots) and leave for an hour to soak in. Then wash hair as usual. Hair will feel softer and appear more healthy.
3) I’ve ditched the high-end moisturiser and substituted if for this natural formula. Just melt the product between hands and use it as an all over body moisturiser. A top tip here is to rub a little on legs before a night out in a dress to create shiny Beyoncesque limbs.
4) Coconut oil is great for banishing blemishes. Just apply a little to the affected area before sleeping and the anti-bacterial formula will work wonders.
5) Coconut oil works well as a lip balm.
That is what I call multi-purpose! The Coconut Oil that I purchased is not tested on animals and is made in Ireland.
Let me know if you know any more ways to use this wonder product!